Skip to main content

Ruby Rose’s birthday post sparks concern

The Australian actress, who turns 37 today, took to her Instagram stories on Sunday saying she was “logging off” until March 21, adding she doesn’t “celebrate” this day. “If you have followed me for long enough you know I don’t acknowledge [my birthday],” she wrote in a since-deleted post.“I don’t celebrate that day. That day has never been a celebration.“Some have tried but it was never a celebration at the time and nor is it now. So please leave it for me this year.”The Pitch Perfect 3 actress didn’t elaborate on why she doesn’t acknowledge the day.A post from 2019 indicates she celebrated her birthday that year, alongside You actress Elizabeth Lail.Lail was seen wearing a T-shirt that read ‘Happy Birthday, Ruby’, while Rose wore a shirt that read, ‘It’s my f**king birthday’.Rose, who is currently visiting her home state of Victoria for the first time in five years, recently broke her silence on her ugly feud with her ex-girlfriend Jess Origliasso of The Veronicas.She sat down with Nova’s Fitzy & Wippa last month where she was asked about her Instagram post in which she promised to out Jess and her twin sister Lisa in her upcoming book.Explaining why she made the explosive post, Rose said she was triggered with “rage” after seeing a photo of herself at the Pitch Perfect 3 premiere while doing research for the memoir.“I stumbled across a picture from Pitch Perfect 3, the premiere. And I’d forgotten that, just how … I mean, I look, I’m emaciated. I’m just dissociated, I look so broken,” Rose recalled.“And I got filled with rage, because I was like, ‘How did I let it get that bad?’ And so that’s why I wrote what I wrote [on Instagram].”Rose, who dated 38-year-old Jess from 2016 until 2018, had openly targeted the Brisbane-born sisters on social media earlier this year, and said outing them was her “first” priority in her expose.“The truth. It will p*ss a lot of people off,” Rose wrote on her Instagram stories. “But maybe you should have been better? Excited to be free. Excited to tell the truth.“On the sisters [Veronicas]? You’re first. How horrific you were.” Via news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site https://www.news.com.au

Comments

Popular posts from this blog