Skip to main content

MAFS groom addresses wife’s final sledge

The 36-year-old cyber security sales director, who broke up with the single mother, 35, at last night’s final vows, said the intense hate Alyssa was copping on social media was “disappointing” and “cruel”.Sydney-based Alyssa has been repeatedly accused of emotionally manipulating Duncan in the past few weeks of the Nine experiment. She also launched a sly dig at him after Sunday night’s split, saying he was looking for a “little princess” but that she was a “queen”.And while Duncan concedes he was “emotionally exhausted” by the time final vows was filmed, he well and truly took the high ground today, saying Alyssa doesn’t deserve the extreme negative reception she’s received.“The stuff that people are saying about her and to her … I hate it. I’ve seen some of it, I don’t see much of it, I do try to pull myself away from it,” Duncan told news.com.au Monday morning.“No one deserves some of the horrible comments people have said.”Amid Alyssa’s emerging portrayal on the show as a “villain”, Duncan said he recently wrote to her asking if there was anything he could do to help her.“If anybody asked me, in any interview, about Alyssa, you’ll always see that I talk positively of her, because that’s what I genuinely think about her.“It’s crazy how cruel some people can be behind a keyboard when they’ve seen one aspect of somebody’s life.”At the time of filming the episode late last year, Duncan said he had an inkling that Alyssa would choose to continue their relationship – but that he’d firmly made up his mind it wasn’t going to work.“I wanted to be respectful to let her say her words, but I don’t think that any words that came out of her mouth was going to change what I had decided to say,” he said.“I spent a lot of time thinking about it, and it was a tough time to work through that.”As for Alyssa’s comments about him “changing” halfway through the experiment, and her pledge to “help him” become more emotional, Duncan admitted being confused by her statements.“I didn’t know how to take some of those words …” he said. “I was pretty happy go lucky at the start of the experiment, and I think that through the conflict we had … I even looked at myself on TV [last night] and I was like … I look tired. I look emotionally exhausted.“So, if that’s sort of the way that I changed, then I guess that’s for Alyssa to say.”Duncan, who revealed he was still single, said the exes had spoken intermittently over the past few months. However, he suggested Alyssa wasn’t quite ready for discussion.“Hopefully we’ll talk in the coming weeks … But at the same time, if she doesn’t want to, that’s OK as well. “It’s not my place to have some form of communication or relationship with someone and then continue talking to them if they don’t want you to.“I’m mindful of that as well. It’s like, ‘Hey, I’m here if you need me, but if you don’t, I totally understand’.”Married At First Sight final vows continue tonight on Nine at 7.30pm Via news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site https://www.news.com.au

Comments

Popular posts from this blog