Skip to main content

‘Had his reasons’: Killer’s mum’s shock claim

Speaking to Mexican news outlet Televisa, Reyes explained: “I have no words, I have no words to say because I don’t know what he was thinking.“He had his reasons for doing what he did and please don’t judge him.“I only want the innocent children who died to forgive me.”When asked what she wanted to tell the relatives of the children who were killed, Reyes said: “Forgive me, forgive my son, I know he has his reasons.”“He was very quiet, very quiet. He didn’t bother anyone, he didn’t do anything to anyone,” the devastated mum was seen explaining in a brief clip of the interview shared via CNN.When asked to elaborate on her son’s “reasons,” Reyes said: “To get closer to those children instead of paying attention to those other bad things.“I have no words. I don’t know.”In response to a question about whether her son was gifted a rifle for his most recent birthday, the mum said: “No, that’s the problem.”“People pay a lot of attention to social media, that’s a big problem in social media,” Reyes added.Meanwhile, Ramos’ dad broke down in tears following his son’s bloody elementary school massacre.Salvador Ramos, known as Chava, appeared teary-eyed at a home in Texas on Thursday evening in exclusive pictures for the US Sun.The 42-year-old dad was spotted for the first time since his son carried out the school shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde on Tuesday.“I just want the people to know I’m sorry man, [for] what my son did,” the father said in an interview with The Daily Beast.“I never expected my son to do something like that,” he continued.“He should’ve just killed me, you know, instead of doing something like that to someone.”Salvador Ramos first shot his grandmother, Celia Gonzalez, in the home they shared after sharing his chilling plans with a 15-year-old internet friend he made through a live streaming app.He then fled the incident with his grandmother in her pick-up truck, crashing the vehicle outside of the elementary school before allegedly barricading himself in a fourth-grade classroom and opening fire.The elder Ramos told The Daily Beast he had not spent much time with his son recently, who he claims dropped out of school and had grown frustrated with precautions relating to the Covid pandemic.“He dropped out because he said they were bullying him at school because of his clothes,” he said.“He was a quiet person, stuck to himself. He didn’t bother nobody. People were always bothering him.”‘My son wasn’t a violent person’Reyes, daughter of Gonzales and mother to the teen gunman, shared similar sentiments about her son in another interview.“My son wasn’t a violent person. I’m surprised by what he did,” she told the Daily Mail.“I pray for those families. I’m praying for all of those innocent children; yes I am. They [the children] had no part in this.”Reports indicate Ramos had been living with his grandparents after moving out of his mother’s home.But Reyes struck down rumours that she and her son had a toxic relationship, saying: “I had a good relationship with him. He kept to himself; he didn’t have many friends.” Adriana Reyes says the last time she spoke to her son was on May 23 when she gifted him a card and a Snoopy stuffed animal.This article originally appeared on The Sun and has been republished with permission Via news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site https://www.news.com.au

Comments

Popular posts from this blog