Skip to main content

Video fail: ‘Stupidest thing I’ve ever seen’

She also said that she’s laughing all the way to the bank because regardless of the vitriol, “the more you comment the more money I make”.Maia Knight, 25, from New York, is a single mum of one-year-old twins who has shot to fame on social media, with eight million followers and 831 million likes on TikTok.The mum makes entertaining videos showcasing what it is like juggling life with her two daughters, Scout and Violet, and fans have loved watching her adorable babies change as they grow.She posts almost daily, showing their routines and cute moments, along with cuddles – and some frustrating moments.However, Ms Knight is becoming increasingly controversial, with some social media users concerned about what they’re spotting in her videos. One such eyebrow-raising video, posted this month, began with the mum saying: “So my paediatrician saw my video about not giving him any more formula and lollipops and …” (one toddler cries, Knight looks exasperated) “... and she said that she disagrees with my choices so I found another paediatrician she also disagreed with my choices. Long story short they no longer have a paediatrician but I am giving them one bottle a day and Violet is going to show you how she makes it because I don’t make it obviously.”She then uses the baby’s hand to turn on the tap and then uses her face to push the tap sideways, and then proceeds to shake the formula. Next she cuts to footage of her baby lying on the benchtop drinking it.She also showed her twins sitting on the benchtop in seats having some cocoa puff cereal. “If you spill that you pick it up,” Ms Knight warned them.There were also happy moments of Knight lovingly cuddling her twins.In another video, she told her twins: “No smiling, only crying for your mum.”While some love Ms Knight’s videos and argue she’s only being sarcastic, others love to hate her.One commenter wrote on the mum’s Facebook page: “How can y’all say she’s a bad mum over a silly video – like, wow. I cant stand the mum-shaming I see nowadays.”Another wrote: “I love how people get stirred up over these videos. She literally makes them to bother people and it never fails. Those are two happy babies so she is doing a great job at being a single mum to twins.”But another woman was shocked over seeing the baby on the counter. “I only gasped when baby was lying on the counter … Kids and babies move fast; I have seen a baby roll over off change table with mum right beside them.”A second woman agreed: “It was very real leaving a baby on a countertop everyone here saw it with their own eyes. For a mother to even do something like that and then the film it is probably the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.”There are also other videos showing Knight feeding her twins sugary biscuits, then joking that she starves them, and putting them in a crate. However, Ms Knight has become used to the haters. In a video earlier this month, she said she wants the controversy to continue.“It’s kind of old to just accuse me of being a bad mum or neglectful or whatever you accuse me of, like come up with something more creative.“I’m not going to turn my comments off because that’s how I make my money. So the more you comment, the more money I make.”Ms Knight has previously revealed that the twins’ father abandoned her at seven weeks pregnant after telling her to get an abortion. “After telling [the father that she was pregnant], he told me to get an abortion and to stop contacting him when I was seven weeks pregnant,” she said. “I moved in with my mum and kept my pregnancy a secret from the world.”Her twins were born prematurely after complications.“At my 34-week appointment, my OB told me I had pre-eclampsia and admitted me to the hospital. I started having contractions, went into heart failure, and was taken by ambulance to a hospital three hours away.”However she found the strength to raise her twins without her ex.“I had two amazing girls that are my best friends and realised I could do this. I had my family and my friends to support me. All my dreams are coming true.” Via news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site https://www.news.com.au

Comments

Popular posts from this blog