Skip to main content

Nadia bares all for new campaign

The mum-of-two – who has found great success with her online clothing label Henne – is one of two influencers to bare all for Australian sunscreen brand Naked Sundays’ “Giving Melanoma The Cold Shoulder” campaign. The 36-year-old has stripped off along with former Love Island star Cassidy McGill to raise much-needed funds for our national Melanoma Institute. Australia has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world, with one Aussie diagnosed with the disease every 30 minutes. It’s estimated 1300 Australians will die from melanoma this year. Nadia, who in April announced that a brick and mortar store for her brand will open in Melbourne later this year, said she was motivated to go bare after making mistakes with sun safety in her youth. Lifestyle top content“When I was in my teens and early 20s, I didn’t look after my skin. I would lay out in the without applying SPF and not realise how much damage I was causing,” she said. “I have pigmentation on my face from the damage I caused in those early years. A lot of people don’t realise that using SPF is the number one anti-ageing product you should use.” Over the last 10 years, Nadia said she’s “become so aware about how important it is to wear SPF”, implementing it into her daily routine so that now she “never leaves the house without wearing it on my face and hands”. As for Cassidy, the decision to strip off for the campaign was an easy one because it’s cause “close to my heart”. The 27-year-old has had 14 moles removed in the past – one of which was, frighteningly, a melanoma. Do you wear SPF every day?“My mum and pop have both also dealt with skin cancer, so it’s something I’ve grown up hearing a lot about,” she said. “It’s a scary disease [that] I feel like not enough people are talking about or taking seriously, so I am always trying to do my part to spread the message and [the] importance of SPF.” Despite her family history, “it wasn’t until just a couple of years ago that I started taking my sun exposure and [wearing] daily SPF seriously”. “And it’s something I deeply regret and wish I had started doing sooner,” she said, adding that as well as SPF now being a part of her daily routine, she goes for skin checks every six months. “So my main reason for joining the campaign is to help spread the word and get young people on board with applying SPF daily and frequently throughout the day.” The skincare brand’s founder, Samantha Brett, is donating 10 per cent of sales to the Melanoma Institute on purchases made on Sunday, May 1. The former Sunrise presenter told news.com.au that while she’s “honoured to be able to create fun, user-friendly, millennial-friendly SPF and skincare that are also high performance sunscreen, the core reason we do what we do is to try, in some small way, to lower the rate of melanoma in Australia and around the world”. The “Giving Melanoma The Cold Shoulder” campaign is “something fun and a bit spicy to get attention on melanoma awareness, and to remind people that by simply wearing sunscreen, it really does reduce the amount of dangerous UV rays that reach the skin”. One of Brett’s greatest passions is “changing the habits of Millennials and young people, so that they can avoid the issues that come with skin damage from the sun later in life”. “It takes 30 seconds to apply (or reapply) sunscreen, so we constantly aim to educate and inspire everyone to take out time to use a product that they actually enjoy – which is why we work so hard on innovation and world-first formulas that everyone can love to use,” she explained. So today, she’s urging the brand’s 400,000-strong social media following to give melanoma the “cold shoulder” with a selfie and to get behind the fight to find a cure. Via news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site https://www.news.com.au

Comments

Popular posts from this blog