Skip to main content

Jaws drop as Kyrgios obliterates world No. 7

The controversial Australian’s aggression came to the fore as he wasted little time in racing to a 6-3 6-0 win to set up a clash with fellow firebrand Fabio Fognini of Italy.Watch Tennis Live with beIN SPORTS on Kayo. Live Coverage of ATP + WTA Tour Tournaments including Every Finals Match. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >“I’m really happy with my performance,” said the world number 102. “I didn’t play unbelievable, I played just the right way. I didn’t let him have any rhythm so I just tried to slap some winners.“I have been dealing with a lot of stuff over the last couple of years but I am not stressing much. I have been enjoying my tennis.”Speaking to Kyrgios, a Tennis Channel host called the result an “unbelievably remarkable win”.“I think all of us, our jaws are on the floor. What did we just see out of you?” she said.Kyrgios will face Rublev again in the same tournament when he teams up with Thanasi Kokkinakis in the second round of the doubles draw, where they will face the Russian and Karen Khachanov.The “Special Ks”, the world’s most entertaining doubles combination, are playing their third tournament together this year but it may be their last for a while, given Kyrgios plans to skip the clay-court season again.With Marc McGowan, NCA NewsWire Via news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site https://www.news.com.au

Comments

Popular posts from this blog