Skip to main content

‘Run don’t walk’: Frenzy over Ikea item

The Swedish retailer’s “Saxborga” container and mirror has gained a cult following on the app after it was shared by overseas TikTok accounts earlier this month who praised the cheap storage fix.The product comes with a cork mirror which acts as a lid and inside there are three different storage containers that can all be stacked to fit together. “Fellow makeup users, run don’t walk to Ikea,” UK TikTok video @hellfroggy shared a video that’s been viewed 5.9 million times. Now Aussies are jumping on the trend, with TikTok star @cookingwithayeh sharing how she was able to fit all her makeup and skincare in the “practical” container.“Where was this all my life,” she captioned the video, adding: “TikTok made me buy it.” Another Australian TikToker, beauty and makeup account @thebrontemarie, also said she had purchased the mirror and storage set to help her organise her products as she was often “overwhelmed by choice”.@thebrontemarie said the storage box was “very lightweight” and came with a “lovely little mirror”. “There’s not one, not two, but three little layers of organisational stuff,” they said. “So my plan is each evening I will pick up the makeup I need for the videos I want to film the next day and my base products … it will make life very easy so I’m not overwhelmed by choice.”Many Aussies who watched both TikTok videos said they planned to purchase the vanity set too as they “needed this”. “Love it, I’m ordering it now,” one person wrote.“Looks like I know what I’m buying this weekend,” one person joked. “I need this! Such a smart design,” another commented. “It’s a bento box for makeup and it’s perfect,” one viewer said. Via news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site https://www.news.com.au

Comments

Popular posts from this blog